The objectives of each Life Skills Academy Excellence Camps are to provide:
1. A Fun and Engaging experience: This is achieved by ensuring our professionals, the content, and the support material are of the highest quality.
2. Meaningful Learning Opportunities: Each Life class has a 6 to 1 ratio of children to instructors. This allows for personal attention when requested or when necessary. All campers will get the same opportunity to progress and experience all aspects the camps have to offer.
3. An Introduction to Taking Ownership for Personal Experience: All camper will be given the opportunity to experience/play with the following. There is a no-fuss, playful approach. Children can engage with this as much or as little as they like. As children, one step at a time, begin to take ownership of little outcomes, the more grounded they become in their ability to control the controllable's. This is a precursor to developing a strong sense of self-belief and self-reliance.
– Goal Setting.
– Leadership Opportunities.
– Encouragement of Stepping outside of your comfort zone.
Life Skills and Experts
Each individual Life Skill has been carefully chosen in order to provide campers a holistic experience. All of our experts are fully qualified top professionals in their field. They have years of experience and maybe more importantly, a love of teaching and a desire to serve the children under their care.
Sample Summer Timetable
Each Camper will experience each Life Skill twice during the week (Session 1 and Session 2). The second session will build on what was covered in the first session.
The Life Skills Academy has designed a comprehensive curriculum for each Life Skill to ensure returning campers experience new and fresh content for each camp.
|Group 1||Tues 14th||Wed 15th||Thurs 16th||Fri 17th|
|8:00 - 9:00||Drop off||Drop off||
|9:00 - 11:00||Self-Defence||Survival||Self-Defence||Survival|
|11:00 - 11:15||Little Lunch||
|Little Lunch||Little Lunch|
|11:15 - 13:15||Tech Skills||First Aid||Tech Skills||First Aid|
|13:15 - 13:45||Big Lunch||Big Lunch||Big Lunch||Big Lunch|
|13:45 - 15:45||Cookery||Sports Skills||Cookery||Sports Skills|
|15:45 - 16:00||Meeting||Meeting||Meeting||Meeting|
I have a 9 year son who has declared this "the best camp ever" and trust me he has gone to a lot of camps over the last few years! Well done for putting together such engaging activities! When I told him there will be a summer camp I got a big YAY!
My 10 year old son loved the camp! He was so inspired by the camp he cooked us dinner at home after camp from scratch. He loved all elements of the camp. Would definitely recommend it. Will Defo do it again. Thanks.