Camper Friendly Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes - Try This At Home!
Another very popular recipe. Simple ingredients and quick to do.
Recipe and how to put it all together, detailed below. Children from the ages of 7 to 14 made this treat.
Best of Luck!
- 110g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175g self raising flour (or plain flour plus 1 teaspoon baking powder)
- 3 tablespoons of milk 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
– Preheat oven to 160 fan/gas 4.
– Cream butter and sugar.
– Add the eggs 1 at a time adding a teaspoon of flour and mixing well after each egg. Add the rest of the flour, the zest and the milk and mix to combine.
– Stop mixing as soon as all the ingredients have been incorporated into a smooth batter.
– Using 2 teaspoons spoons dollop the mixture into paper cases in a muffin tray trying to keep them all equally filled so they bake evenly.
– Bake for about 15 minutes or until the top of the cupcake feels springy when lightly pressed.
– While the cakes are baking make a glace drizzle icing by mixing 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar. If it is too stiff add extra juice a drop at a time.
– Warm the rest of the juice gently with the 2 tablespoons of caster sugar to make a warm lemon syrup.
– Brush the hot syrup onto the cakes while they are still warm so it soaks in.
– After the cakes are fully cool, drizzle on the glace icing and leave to set.
Any questions let us know.
Life Skills Academy
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org