First aid is an invaluable life-skill. It helps children become more aware of their surroundings and equips them with the skills to keep themselves safe and help themselves or others if the need arises.
Even basic first aid training can make all the difference in an emergency situation.
Our First Aid Expert
Dave Turner is the owner & lead trainer at Turnaround Safety Ireland, a new training provider run by an experienced education professional, committed to providing high quality education and training.
Dave's sessions are active and engaging. During the week campers will be given the opportunity to experience leadership, working in a team, decision making, and above all attain practical first aid skills.
Dave's sessions are designed to entertain campers whilst introducing basic Life-Saving First Aid skills in practical scenarios.
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL EXPERIENCE:
• Campers will will learn to keep themselves and others safe in any first aid situation.
• What is First Aid & what is appropriate PPE for performing first aid tasks.
• How to check if someone is responsive and how to check for breathing
• Performing basic Hands only CPR
and Mouth to mouth resuscitation.
• How to help someone if they are choking, bleeding or burned
• They will also gain experience dealing with different staged first aid scenarios.